Do you love building relationships and helping people?
Are you passionate about sustainability?
Well, this could be your ideal role.
The role is split between Oh Crap who are on a mission to eradicate the 4% of landfill which is dog poop wrapped in plastic bags. And our sister company, No More Plastic Crap whose mission is to change all companies to using compostable packaging. Oh Crap has been RSPCA’s preferred dog poop bag since 2019 & was one of Australia’s fastest growing companies in 2021, appearing on AFR’s prestigious Fast Starter list.
One morning you will be chatting to members of the #OhCrapRetailFamily about dogs & how their dog poop bag sales are going. The next, you will chat with a business about their mailing satchels. It will be a mix of warm, friendly, fun sales, where you get to talk crap (literally), and others where you rely on your analytical side and laying out the numbers.
You will be part of this growing family company on a mission to make a difference. This is a new role that will support the goals of the sales and business development team & report directly to the CEO. While some parts of this role are currently carried out by other team members, and some elements of the role will be new, you will have the freedom to make it yours, and continually suggest fresh ideas and approaches to achieve the mission.
It's a mix of 39% Sales, 30% Account Management, 30% Sales Co-Ordinator … and 1% Magician. Plus 100% Crapologist.
If you are self-motivated and have a can-do attitude - you’ll love this role:
As an Oh Crap Group Sales Representative, You Will…
- Work with warm sales enquiries to ensure they get the products & solutions for their needs in the retail & B2B space.
- Process purchase orders as they come into the sales queue.
- Focus on hitting monthly sales targets.
- Complete onboarding information for new corporate clients the key account manager lands.
- Call & follow up with existing clients to see how we can support their sales and staff.
- Manage your tasks and sales pipeline in our CRM.
- As you progress, you will also be part of a wider team reaching out to targetted businesses via email about their sustainability and packaging goals to generate interested leads.
- Prepare templated proposals for clients where necessary.
- Look for opportunities to optimize and improve sales-related systems.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Gmail Suite.
- Maintain knowledge by attending professional and technical educational seminars and workshops.
Required Attributes & Skills
- No formal education or experience required
- Ability to connect with people
- Must be able to work alone
- Goal orientated
- Inquisitive and always the one asking questions
- Great phone etiquette
Maybe you're a (returning to work) parent and want to make a difference.
OR maybe you've gone back to study (communications/business) and need something to fit in with that lifestyle.
OR maybe you just want to be a Crapologist!
This is a 100% work-from-home, highly flexible-hours, and approx. 12-15 hours per week (with room to grow over time), between Monday to Friday, 9 - 5pm. Just make sure there isn’t much background noise as you will spend a good portion of your time on the phone.
However, you have the opportunity to go and see customers face to face when you want to. Plus, we will pay for you to work from a co-working space a few days a month if that’s your vibe.
If this opportunity align’s with your personal values and goals?
Please send your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and cover:
- What specifically appeals about this role to you?
- Highlight an area of your experience that relates directly to one of the attributes or skills required.
- Ask us a question about the role, that demonstrates you’ve really considered the opportunity (and are not just sending out resumes willy-nilly).
We can’t wait to have you.